Friday, September 5, 2014

Working at the car wash... sorta....

So, it gets a bit dusty around here. And if you drive a car, you are constantly battling a layer of fine grained sand-colored dust ... which will quickly transfer itself to whatever clothing you are wearing. 

Now with all the cars zipping around on these streets (everything from the lowly beat-up Nissan work truck to the family-friendly Honda, and all the way up to the fancier BMWs, Porsches, Lamborghini, & Ferrari) what you'd expect to see, but don't, are car washes. I mean... Not a single one!!! Anywhere!!! 

It got me to wondering.... especially when I started to notice that my rental was WAY duster that the next guy in the parking garage. Hmmmm...

I had seen these little green pods in the various underground carparks, but I hadn't given them much thought. 


Well, it turns out these little gems ARE the car wash! One of the pod guys (can I call him a "pod people" or is that bad form?) approached me in Al Wahda Mall's garage & asked if I would like a wash. My car was by far the dirtiest thing in the garage; it's no wonder he made a bee-line for me as I parked!

So, I asked him how much it would cost. I was prepared for the worst... 50 AED? 100 AED? It was to the point that I'd almost pay anything. However, I was pleasantly surprised!

15 AED. That's it. About $4. WOW! I said "yes!!!"


So he have me my claim ticket & said I could pay him AFTER he finished & the job was inspected for quality. 

They only wash the outside, so I locked the car & left him to it. Thirty minutes later, I returned to a shiny clean car (at least on the outside). 

Awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment