Saturday, August 16, 2014

It may be 110 outside, but there's some "Frozen" in here!

Lindsey is still working on his dissertation. So, just to get out of the 600 sq ft of shared space we call home, he sometimes goes down & works from the "business area". I usually accompany him; I need a break from the kids too!

The business room of the hotel also serves as a library & "quiet" (ie board) games room. Access to the hotel desktops & printers is just on the other side of a half wall divider. Since Lindsey uses a laptop, we just sit at one of the tables near the windows. 

Lindsey & I were the sole occupants for almost an hour... the clicking of his laptop keys a nice backdrop to my manual reading. (I got a local phone; I always read the instruction booklet. Nerdy, I know...) Suddenly, we both hear...

"Let it go!!!! Let it go!!!!", sung in a tiny little, but surprisingly loud, voice. 

A slip of a girl no bigger than 4, it seemed, had found the computer & loaded a YouTube video. It was a Frozen sing-a along & she was belting out the parts she knew.... with a slight accent I couldn't identify. Lindsey & I both burst out laughing. We were so startled. 

Just as we were deciding to pack up, Olivia showed up looking for us. Seems I was distracted by my new local phone & missed the SOS texts from her & Madeline. 

From Maddie: "Mom can u come back Devin is wrestling us and we can't do anything about it. He's pulling our hair, body slamming us against the bed and so on I'm hiding in the bathroom now and Olivia is going to lose it soon."

(Sigh). The joys of close quarters... & brothers. 

By the way, (not that I'm giving y'all the number) here's my new local phone....


Isn't it cute.... & tiny! If you look really close, you can make out the Arabic on the buttons for texting...


Devin told me that I'm going to have a hard time texting on this thing.  Yeah, it's OLD school! But hey, that's how I roll.....

No comments:

Post a Comment