Monday, August 25, 2014

It's a Small World After All....

So, the world really is shrinking. Or, at least, it feels that way. 

Before we even left Texas, a friend told me of another family in our same hometown who were ALSO moving to Abu Dhabi. We met the mom & 4 kids before leaving the states. Our husbands work for different companies, but the destination is the same. 

Then, my Mary Kay consultant tells me she met a lady while getting her nails done in Dallas who flies back & forth between the UAE & the States because her husband works for the Shiek here in Abu Dhabi! What?? 

THEN I get a Facebook tag from my friend, a realtor, who says I need to meet this couple who just used him to list their house in Rowlett so they could move to Abu Dhabi! She took a job with the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) to teach over here in Al Ain! What? What?

And of course, I've met other families here in the UAE who are also working alongside my husband... Like the cuties we met at Al Whada mall today. They are from Sachse! 


James (AKA Superman) & Justice (AKA Batman) really enjoyed playing with Devin's turbo car game. The twins were a little shy at first, but quickly adopted Devin as their big buddy. 


Their mom & I enjoyed the grown-up conversation while my 3 kids entertained her 3 kids. My girls especially enjoyed showing little Gwyneth all the "special effects" to be had on their newest app:


So, it's crazy... But the world must be getting smaller. Or maybe, Texas is getting bigger! 


No comments:

Post a Comment