Sunday, August 24, 2014

Random bits...

I spend a lot of time waiting these days....
The kids too.... & they're getting more creative about it. 


(Don't get me started on Devin's fashion sense. I keep telling myself he'll care once he notices girls... Sigh.)

They used their "beds" to make a fort... 
All I can say is all that extra padding in the room is helping to dampen the echo. 

Currently, I'm waiting for the second maintenance team to come address the thermostat issue in the bedroom. The first guy that showed up only does gas & lighting. Oh, & let's not forget that LuLu's is delivering the TV sometime "this afternoon". Seriously, that's their best time estimate. 

On the bright side, I now have a working hob ... & the name & direct cell # of the maintenance guy for THIS building should I need help hanging light fixtures, or such.  (This was forthcoming AFTER I tipped him.... Hmmmm. I think I've discovered a secret.)

As I understand, tipping is not required in this country. I've actually had a tip handed back to me by a worker. He wouldn't take it even when I insisted. Maybe it was because I was alone & am female. I don't know. But, aparently, our maintenance guy feels differently... 20 ED & he was quick to supply his number for future jobs. Ok. I can work with that...

Now, back to the waiting.... 

You can only drink so many cups of tea. 


... And I already did the breakfast dishes..

I AM working on the laundry, but it's slow going. We have a 7 kg capacity. It sounded like a lot in the store.... But TWO beach-sized bath towels & it's stuffed. 


That's ALL towel in there. You can't even see the silver drum at all. The "regular wash" cycle takes about 90 minutes. 

What to do, what to do?

Tea, anyone?


1 comment:

  1. Mom has been trying to send you messages but they do not have a Google account so I sent you a test and now this one mom will just reply to your blogs on text messages

    ReplyDelete